How To Create a Company Vision
Zingerman’s has used visions to guide our organization’s success for 30 years! Co-founding partners, Ari & Paul, wrote our first company vision back in 1994. They imagined Zingerman’s growing into a community of several Ann Arbor-based food businesses – and ZingTrain was founded in this same year!
In 2007, the Zingerman’s Community of Businesses had been realized. Managing partners of each business wrote our second company vision in 2007. Hundreds of employees gave feedback to strengthen this vision of Zingerman’s in 2020. Around this same time, ZingTrain began teaching individuals and organizations how to draft their own visions of success.
Now, Zingerman’s is working towards our third shared vision – Zingerman’s 2032 – released in 2020.
Throughout the past 30 years of Zingerman’s visions, and 20 years of training other organizations how to write visions of their own, we’ve learned a thing or two about what works! The visioning process is adaptable to organizations of all shapes, sizes, and ages. Zingerman’s has used different approaches each time we’ve written a new company vision, and it’s helpful to decide up front what the best approach is for your organization.
Join ZingTrain trainers and vision facilitator experts, Joanie Hales and Timo Anderson, to learn different approaches to writing a company vision.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Why having a vision for your organization matters
- Different ways to approach writing a company-wide vision
- How to solicit feedback on your vision, and what to do with it
- The right time to finalize your vision and embark!
This webinar is great for:
- Founding partners wanting shared clarity
- Leadership teams creating vision for their staff
- Organizations that want to involve employees in the process
- Anyone with a draft vision wondering what happens next